How to create a network script to input an registry key
Posted on 2008-10-28
I need to be able to disable/ remove "Change Password" when you press Ctrl , Alt + Delete using a startup script.
I know how to disable the " Change password" but I dont know how to create a script to do this at bootup.
Can you help.
Using registry should disable it permanently:
How to Disable the Change Password Button for One or More Specific Users
The following procedure must be done on the user's computer:
1. At a command prompt, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
2. View the following registry key:
3. Click the System key if it exists. If the key does not exist, click New on the Edit menu, and then click Key to create a new folder value called New Key #1. Rename the New Key #1 value to System.
4. Click the System key. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. Rename the New Value #1 entry to DisableChangePassword, press ENTER, and then press ENTER again.
5. Change the value from 0 to 1.
6. Quit Registry Editor. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to see that the Change Password button is now unavailable.
Can this be done by a script ? If it can can you please put the details of the script up.