I have a project that is distributed/published to the company via a file share. The certificate for the Visual Studio project recently expired and was replaced/updated in order to publish successfully. However, after the publish succeeded, the application would not install on any machines due to the following exception:
Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly Interop.Microsoft.Office.I
I'm new to this particular project and all of its details. Thus, at this point I don't know what to make of this error. Also, during the actual 'Publish' the message in the picture below was given. I assume this is not an issue seeing how the new certificate was not created with the same name as the old.
Any ideas on how I can straighten this out?
There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [10/28/2008 10:52:34 AM] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\...\Start Menu\Programs\...\CompanyApplication.appref-ms has started.
* [10/28/2008 10:52:34 AM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.
* [10/28/2008 10:52:34 AM] : Consuming new update.
* [10/28/2008 10:52:37 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [10/28/2008 10:52:37 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [10/28/2008 10:52:37 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [10/28/2008 10:52:37 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (RefDefValidation)
- Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly Interop.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ConsumeUpdatedDeployment(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, TempFile& deployFile)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)