Organization size: 400 users
Currently using : Public MSN
I need some guidance in regard to choosing a corporate IM solution and the security that should go with it.
What we want:
- Able to avoid worms, poison URL's, virus, etc.
- Control over the sessions in real time
- monitor buddies/contact lists. To be able to remove/edit contact list once the user leaves the organization
- Force them to use user@organization'sdomain.
com as their sign on. Or mask it somehow
- Archive the sessions
- Encrypted sessions In and out of the network
- LDAP connectivity
1- If we get a IM security appliance does it matter if I stay with MSN or if we switched to a solution such as the OCS client/ corporate client?
2-Here is a list of vendors I found. I wonder how familiar you are with their appliances/software:
Thanks and I appreciate your time and expertise,