I hope I provided enough info about my problem below...
I installed SSRS2005 on Windows Server 2003 R2 Stabdard x64 Edition with SP2 with IIS 6.0 and SQL Server 9.0.1399
- I can see SSRS working from VS2005 (I can run reports using Preview Tab in VS2005),
- I can see reports folder locally on url http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx
- if setup Authentication Access to Basic Authentication in IIS, I can see reports folder from another machine on our network on url http://dbtest/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx
- windows service identity set to "local system" in SSRS Configurator (see ssrserr-win-serv-id.jpg on http://clip2net.com/page/m0/390524
- web service identity set to "nt authority/network service" (see ssrs-web-serv-id.jpg on http://clip2net.com/page/m0/390522
- all accounts, "local service", "network service" and ASPNET have permissions to access both SSRS folders (see ssrs-folder-permissions.jp
g on http://clip2net.com/page/m0/390519
- I setup Sel/Upd/Ins/Del/Exe permissions for LocalSystem and for NT Authority\System for ReportServer DB and for NT Authority\Network Service and NT Authority\System for ReportServerTempDB
- in SSRS Configuration Mgr all the boxes on the left are ticket (only Encryption Keys has ! which should be OK)
Still I have three problems with security settings:
1) When I try to access Reports Folder from another computer using Windows Authentication I am getting error 401 in browser (see ssrs-401.jpg on http://clip2net.com/page/m0/390517
2) When I run report from Reports Folder locally I am getting connect error "unknown user name or bad password" even though I think I am providing all needed authentication info
" Logon failed.
" Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)
3) When I try to run my test report from browser even on local machine after setting datasource credentials to no credentials required I am getting ASP error (see ssrs-asp-err.jpg on http://clip2net.com/page/m0/390515
Below are all (I think) relevant logs:
- ssrs-3083.jpg (from Event viewer) on http://clip2net.com/page/m0/390511
- ssrs-1309.jpg (from Event Viewer) on http://clip2net.com/page/m0/390509
Any idea what to look for or fix will be appreciated.