Server veiwable from far side of VPN, but Server can not see far side of VPN
Posted on 2008-10-30
I have a client that has two locations conected via IPSEC VPN. The VPN is controled by an Astaro 220 firewall on the near side (10.0.X.X) and and a Linksys WRV200 at the remote location (192.168.X.X). The remote location has no problem seeing all of the computers, mapping drives, or accessing exchange on the 10.0.X.X network. The issues is that the 10.0.X.X network can not see any of the PCs on the 192.168.X.X network. I can ping them, but can not access them via RDP, Net Use, or Map drive option in my computer.
What I have Chedcked so Far.
1. The Astaro Firewall has rules to allow all traffic in both directions over the VPN
2. The remote router looks to the Server on the 10.0.X.X network for DNS
3. The Server looks to itsef for DNS first
4. There are records in DNS for the remote network on the Server (Windows 2003 SBS)
5. Net Bios is enabled on PCs on both sides of the VPN
I am not sure where to go from here, any help would be great , Thanks