Solved

Demark Wiring bonnded t1

Posted on 2008-10-30
Last Modified: 2013-12-22
Hi Experts
Qwest installed 2 bonded T1's. At the demark there are 4 rows of terminals (4 each)
Circuit 1
Yellow/Black/Red/Green
Yellow/Black/Red/Green

Circuit 2
Yellow/Black/Red/Green
Yellow/Black/Red/Green

I have a cable with 1and 2 for receive and 4 and 5 for xmit
My question is which terminal (Yellow/Black/Red/Green) do I connect 1and 2& 3 and 4?

Thanks!
Comment
Question by:5wa2
10 Comments

LVL 57

Expert Comment

by:giltjr
Comment Utility
Should be:

Red = 1
Green = 2
Yellow = 4
Black = 5

Author Comment

by:5wa2
Comment Utility
Thanks giltjr
So to recap the connections should look like this?
Circuit 1
Yellow/Black/Red/Green       1
Yellow/Black/Red/Green       2

Circuit 2
Yellow/Black/Red/Green       4
Yellow/Black/Red/Green      5

LVL 57

Accepted Solution

by:
giltjr earned 500 total points
Comment Utility
No, a single T1 has four wires.  Without knowing exactly what DMARC equipment you have it shuld be more like:

Circuit 1
Yellow/Black/Red/Green connect 4/5/1/2

Yellow/Black/Red/Green  connect nothing

Circuit 2
Yellow/Black/Red/Green connect 4/5/1/2

Yellow/Black/Red/Green connect nothing

You may want to contact the T1 provider.  The way this normally works is that:

1 = Ring = Red
 2 = Tip =  Green
 4 = Ring1= Yellow
 5 = Tip1 = Black

Author Comment

Comment Utility
Hmmm& a little more confused&.

This is a DS1C, 2 bonded T1s. The Router/CSU/DSU has 2 T1 jacks T1 has a jumper in place from Qwest. The second T1/T2 is where the supplied 4 wire RJ45 is inserted. But apparently this will be an 8 wire RJ45

I can grab a photo of the DMARC if that will hep?

Thanks for the help.

LVL 57

Expert Comment

Comment Utility
Let me see if I get this right.

Your router has two T1 DSU/CSU's.

Qwest gave you, or you ordered, a DS1c.  

The DMARC is attempting to split the DS1c back into two independent T1's so that it will look like you have two T1's going into your router.

IT, Stop Being Called Into Every Meeting

Highfive is so simple that setting up every meeting room takes just minutes and every employee will be able to start or join a call from any room with ease. Never be called into a meeting just to get it started again. This is how video conferencing should work!

LVL 57

Expert Comment

Comment Utility
Oh wait, you have two DS1c.  What DSU/CSU model do you have in the routers?

Author Comment

Comment Utility
Its a Dual T1/FT1 (1200872L1)& one DS1c ( comprised of 2 T1s)

Thanks!

LVL 57

Expert Comment

Comment Utility
O.k. the more questions I asks the more confused I get.  A T1 only has 4 wires, there is no such think as a 8-wire T1.  Now I beleive a DS1c would have 8-wires, one for each T1.  But that would mean that all 8-wires would go into 1 RJ-45 connected and into 1 DSU/CSU.

Who is the local telco company?  You may have to ask them what the hand off is.

So you have a single DS1c that you need to split into two T1's?  

Assuming that whatever the DMARC is is actually splitting the DS1c into two T1's (which I have no clue why they wouldn't have just provided two T1's) then then I believe that my post 22852559 should work.

This will make the router see two T1's, which if you want to "bond" together you will need to do via the router either  at the layer 2 or layer 3 level, depending on what you are using this for.

Author Comment

Comment Utility

Sorry for the confusion&

The local telco is Qwest. There are 2 T1s at the DMARC. The router was pre configured off site by Qwest then shipped to me.  Qwest installed a jumper (pass through?) on the T1 port on the CSU/DCU leaving the T2 jack open for the RJ45.

It sounds like I should remove the jumper on the T1 port (CSU/DSU) and bring each (4 wire) into the corresponding CSU/DSU port. It makes sense as these T1s will be bonded& I just wonder why the router had an intentional jumper on the T1 Jack CSU/DSU.

Thanks again for the help&

Author Closing Comment

Comment Utility
Thank you for the assistance.

Featured Post

IT, Stop Being Called Into Every Meeting

Highfive is so simple that setting up every meeting room takes just minutes and every employee will be able to start or join a call from any room with ease. Never be called into a meeting just to get it started again. This is how video conferencing should work!

Join & Write a Comment

This article is a step by step guide on how to create a basic PTP link using Ubiquiti airOS devices. This guide can be used on the following Ubiquiti AirMAX devices. Nanostation, Bullets, AirBridge, Nanobeam, NanoBridge to name a few. Please review …
I'm Dumb-phoned(ed) Last week, I noticed this message when adding events to my Google Calendar: On June 27th (2015), Google is removing SMS as a notification option for Google Calendar events.  Their assumption is that enough people have smart p…
After creating this article (http://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/23699/Setup-Mikrotik-routers-with-OSPF.html), I decided to make a video (no audio) to show you how to configure the routers and run some trace routes and pings between the 7 sites…
Internet Business Fax to Email Made Easy - With eFax Corporate (http://www.enterprise.efax.com), you'll receive a dedicated online fax number, which is used the same way as a typical analog fax number. You'll receive secure faxes in your email, fr…

763 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

6 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now