• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 2425
  • Last Modified:

Blackberry's not receiving email from BES/Exchange

I have the same issue described in question 23770880 however I don't think latency is my issue since my BES and Exchange server are on the same box (I know RIM recommends that you don't do that but I didn't have a choice when it was installed and it has worked fine until 2 or 3 days ago).  Exchange is running fine but just can't get communication with the devices.  Server was restarted and all individual Blackberry services were restarted as well.  Any help as to next troubleshooting step would be appreciated.
0
rohnlawadmin
Asked:
rohnlawadmin
1 Solution
 
kguy18Commented:
Did you try reactivating (enterprise activation) the devices?
0
 
rohnlawadminAuthor Commented:
Tried that both OTA and plugged in and neither worked.
0
 
monorail1Commented:
Can the handhelds to a GAL lookup from the address book? Are all BES services running? Can you try resending the IT policy & service books to 2 test handhelds? Can they send out? What BES-related entries appear in your application eventvwr?


~ CFJ
0
Concerto's Cloud Advisory Services

Want to avoid the missteps to gaining all the benefits of the cloud? Learn more about the different assessment options from our Cloud Advisory team.

 
ALogvinCommented:
Look at the application event logs on the server, and see if any BlackBerry ones pop out, specifically Messaging Agent ones. Also, check out your Logs directory where the BES is installed... look at the MAGT logs. These are typically quite big, but scroll to the bottom and see if you can find any errors or problems.
0
 
rohnlawadminAuthor Commented:
Have tried everything listed and still not working.  I even uninstalled the BES from the Exchange box and reinstalled on a member server utilizing RIMs detailed instructions and I'm still getting the same result.  I have opened a service request with RIM since I'm not getting anywhere.  Log files on the SQL server don't reveal anything and I'm not seeing any event log errors on the new BES.  Old BES had lots of 16029, 16058, and 20049 errors.  I am sure those tell something but not sure what.

16029 - [SYNC-DSession] No XML Request(s) is successfully sent to PIM connector(s). (******:32, SID=1239401200, CLID=89754, ECLID=8)

16058 - [SYNC-PIMConnector] Failed to send data to Exchange connector, error is USER_NOT_STARTED.

20049 - HandleSyncRequest - Session to BES Agent is not established for user /o=DOMAIN/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=******.32
0
 
rohnlawadminAuthor Commented:
Never did completely figure out what caused the initial problem but it was resolved by installing the BES on a member server that did not contain Exchange.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Site Down Detector

Helpful to verify reports of your own downtime, or to double check a downed website you are trying to access.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now