visual studio solution unable to find oracle client
Posted on 2008-10-31
I have created a web app using visual studio.net 2005, which reads an oracle 9.2 database. It works fine on my development machine, managing to read the remote oracle database through a vpn. But when I deploy it to the client's site it fails to find the oracle client, even though the I have installed the same oracle 9.2 client. This is the only version of oracle on the target machine, so it's not getting confused between versions.
the error is:
System.Exception: System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.