Two unrelated client sites have lost ability to connect to the internet since taking in critical updates from Microsoft on 28th Oct 2008.
Both SBS installations
Other relevant points:-
1) The server is able to ping qualified domain names such as bbc.co.uk
2) Client workstations can browse the internet
3) Other TCP/IP services (ie: pop mail pickup, microsoft updates & antivirus updates are unable to connect to internet.
4) Server cannot browse Companyweb but clients workstations can.
5) Both installations are set up with a 2 x NIC configuration
1) Re-set IPStack & Winsock
2) Downgraded to IE6 made no difference