1) Attempting to connect to Oracle instance via SQL Plus version 10.2.0.1.0
2) Initially receiving ORA errors ORA-01034: Oracle Not Available and ORA-27101 Shared Memory realm does not exist.
3) Check the server to see if the Oracle system variables were correct, but found that they did not exist. Added per solution on
4) Launched SQL Plus version 10.2.0.1.0 again, and am now receiving ORA-12514 TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested is connect descriptor.
5) I noticed that gatorvip had author make an edit to the listener.ora file, but the author's secondary error was different.
I am attaching a Word file that contains the
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.GYR
LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on 31-OCT-2008 14:37
Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PRO
Service "PLSExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
Instance "PLSExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
"DEDICATED" established:0 refused:0
The command completed successfully