VLAN Config Info for 3COM 4500
Posted on 2008-10-31
I am new to configuring 3COM (or any) switches and have recently acquired a Switch 4500. I have access to documentation but cannot seem to find what I need since it all seems a little too advanced for me at the moment.
Here is my setup:
3COM Switch 4500
26 Port POE Switch
192.168.1.254 255.255.255.0 assigned to the device
Everything else is default.
I need the commands (cli or gui) to accomplish the following tasks please:
1) Create 2 VLANs (VLAN1 = Ports 1-6 / VLAN2 = Ports 7-12)
2) Assign VLAN1 192.168.1.X subnet
3) Assign VLAN 2 192.168.10.X subnet
4) Allow traffic to pass between the two VLANs
5) Set up a DHCP Relay so that VLAN2 gets IP addresses from DHCP server on VLAN1 (server = 192.168.1.5 set up to hand out 1.X and 10.x)