need to format a Dell PowerEdge 2950 - win2003 SP2 with Raid 5 - four HDs
Posted on 2008-11-02
Hello gang and as always thanks for your time and expertise. I have a Dell Poweredge 2950 with windowns server 2003 sp2. The server also has Raid 5 with four HDs. Also this is only a member server. No backup - I know, stupid but not my fault.
- Here's what I need your help with:
- The OS on this server is jacked.
- I want to wipe everything out and begin anew. When I tried booting off of the installation CD, I received a message no HDs detected.
- My question is do I have to acess the Raid utility and delete the virtual group - destroy the Raid so the installation CD can see the drives. I'm a newbe so your help is greatly appreciated.
- I want to reiinstall the OS and then utilize Raid 5 again. Please help me with instructiions and advice. Thanks.