Storage limit problem
Posted on 2008-11-02
New SBS 2003 server, Exchange 2003, Vista clients with Outlook 2007. I had to import emails of one of the users from Outlook Express.
1) I transferred dbx files to the PC with Outlook Express and MS Outlook 2003 installed
2) I placed dbx files in Outlook Express folder
3) I opened MS Outlook 2003 and imported emails and contacts from Outlook Express
4) I checked out and everything OK in MS Outlook 2003
5) I transferred PST file on the PC on the SBS 2003 network (resulting PST file size was about 1.3GB)
6) I opened the PST file in Outlook 2007 (this one was already configured to work with Exchange)
7) I started copying items from the opened PST file into Exchange mailbox
At some point I received a message that the store limit was exceeded. Whenever I was trying to delete items and empty deleted items folder I was getting an error message that it cannot be done when Outlook is synchronizing. Eventually I deleted the mailbox and exchange account from the PC, increased the Storage Limits to max (on the server User properties, Exchange General, Storage Limits) and started again.
After opening Outlook some emails where already there (as Outlook did sync before). I started to copy messages again after copying a number of emails I received a message that the storage limit was exceeded. I have checked the mailbox sizes and local data and server data total sizes are well below the limits I set up.
Any ideas what it could be? Whenever I had this kind of problem before it was enough to increase the storage limits (and log out and log back in which I have done a number of times now).