Hello guys and thanks for your help.
I'm working with a dell poweredge 2950 - windows server 2003 standard editon. Three HDs - 146gb - one HD as a dedicated Hot spare.
- I used the dell openmanager system installation CD to install the OS and configure Raid.
- As you know during the install, Iyou're prompted to confiure Raid. I chose Raid 5 and used the fourth drive as a hot spare.
- The OS was installed without any failured.
- My questioin is when I accessed disk management, I have a primary partition of 12gb with windows and then approximately 275gb of unallocated space.
- I access the setup utility and the array is initializaing and it shows zero free space is allocated for all of the drives. Fellas, did I do something wrong or does the initialization have to finish for these settings to change.
- how should I proceed from this point. Should I just format the unallocated space and create another primary partition, etc. I'm a newbe with this so your recommendations and instructions are greatly appreciated.