I have an ASP.NET application in develoment, that uses Forms Authentication. I have written some code (based on an article from MSDN, if I remember correctly) to store role-information in a ticket in a coockie.
Then in the "Application_AuthenticateRequest" method of Global.asax, I used some information of HttpContect.Current.User to get back to the role-info that was stored in the ticket.
Now, after a few weeks when everything worked fine, all of a sudden the "HttpContect.Current.User" is always equal to Nothing, and I have no clue where to look. I have checked that none of my security-related code has changed.