Changed Exchange Limits, but client is not seeing the change

A mailbox had it's storage limits (warning, prohibit send and prohibit send/recieve) inadvertedly set to the value of zero in each box,and the checkboxes remained selected.  I have since removed the checkboxes, however everytime the client opens his outlook, it tells him he has exceeded the limits and he must clean up his mailbox.  The user logs onto the local machine (not the domain) and accesses his mailbox from within the office where the exchange server is.  When he connect it asks for his domain login and password, which he provides.

Any suggestion on how to get the client to read hsi new (unlimited) limits?
catharsis-itAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

dfxdeimosCommented:
As a test on one machine go to Control Panel -> Mail -> Profiles and remove the profile of the user. Re-open Outlook and recreate the profile. See if you still get the warning message. If you do then there is still some setting being pushed down from the server, if you do not then you know that there was a setting cached in the user's local copy of their mailbox that needs to be cleared, and we can go from there.
0
L3370Commented:
This has been changed fairly recently?  If you edited the mailbox properties using ADUC and have mulitple domain controllers I can see how this could just be slow replication. Maybe when the user is entering his login credentials, it keeps pulling the info from the domain controller that doesnt have new settings yet?
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
catharsis-itAuthor Commented:
I did not delete his old setup, but did create a new profile.  The same issue occured.  i tried it on a seperate machine as well and ran into the same issue, so it is most definently server side

It is possible that it is taking its time to replicate around this multi domain system, I've considered that, however I was wondering if there was a way to perhaps expeditite that process if that is indeed the case?  I made the changes about 2 hours ago, and I am not sure what would be an acceptable amount of time to wait
0
dfxdeimosCommented:
Hmm, I would wait for a couple of more hours. I am not sure of the exact time that replication takes, perhaps another expert can give a more specific answer.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
SBS

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.