Need to restore replaced folder of the same name! Lots of photos in there that I need to get.

Need to restore replaced folder on an external WD hard drive, FAT32.

Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Don't use the external disk for any writing. Scan it using the fat32 version of Getdataback, if the tool finds your data, register the tool and then use it to copy the data it finds to your PC.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
>>  Need to restore replaced folder of the same name!    <<   if the data is overwritten, i fear the software cannot help; you can try these guys (costly) :      
dcbrown72Senior Systems EngineerCommented:
there are some pretty good tools for recovering data on the ubcd4win website.  Go to  website and download the setup for it.  When you build your disc you can leave the default packages chosen and it includes all of the recover programs.  Recuva and "File Restoration" are the two best on the cd and they are both free.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Storage Software

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.