Everyday I have this same issue on different computers. when the users log in a home directory is mapped. 70% everything works right. the rest either make the home drive, but are denied access or it doesn't even apply the login script.
In the event logs, I get these errors.
Event ID: 1054; Event Source: Userenv;
Microsoft Product: Windows Operating System Version: 5.2 Event Source: Userenv Event ID: 1054
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (%1). Group Policy processing aborted.
Event ID: 15; Event Source: AutoEnrollment;
Microsoft Product: Windows Operating System Version: 5.2 Event Source: autoenrollment Event ID: 15
Automatic certificate enrollment for %1 failed to contact the active directory (%2). %3 Enrollment will not be performed.
Event ID: 5719; Event Source: NETLOGON;
Microsoft Product: Windows Operating System Version: 5.0 Event Source: NetLogon Event ID: 5719
This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain %1 due to the following: <BR>%2 <BR>This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected ...
I have about 150 computers, with 2 servers. 80 computers are on a WLAN, the rest are wired. I get these errors on both the wireless and wired.
The problem is fixed if they just log off and log back on again.
This is starting to become a major problems as half the staff stores there .pst file on there home drive. and when they cannot access the drive, they create another damn .pst file which is compounding the problem.
I have tried applying a gpo to wait for network. I have tried disabling media sense. And also tried the numerous KB articles. all lead me back to the same problem.