Envelopes printing symbols with Vista and Office 2007

One of our computers has Vista and Office 2007 installed.  When trying to print an envelope to our HP 4200 it prints out random symbols/characters instead of the actual address.  I had this issue with XP and I was able to fix it by changing one of the settings for the printer to enable "Send truetype as graphics."  I don't have that same option with Vista.  I'm running Vista and Office 2007 on mine and don't seem to have an issue printing and our settings appear to be the same.  Any ideas?
KathyO75Asked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

AaogCommented:
Hey.  We just had the same problem here where I work.  I think I've fixed it.  I looked around the net and found someone who said to change the font to Arial or some other trutype font.  I did that and it did print fine.  But, even when I tried to set Arial as default, it would not stick.  It would revert back to "+heading" or whtever font it was stuck on every time I clicked to make a new envelope.  Eventually I decided Microsoft was being mean and I tried that new calibri font they have in Word 2007.  I set that to default (by clicking on the options in Envelope window and changing the font to what I wanted then clicking the default button.)  I changed it for both send and return addresses.  This stuck once I used calibri (size 12).  Either way, changing the font should eliminated the random characters.  (we are using an HP 4200 also).

If you still have trouble, let us know.  We might be able to hep out more.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
KathyO75Author Commented:
Thanks!  That did seem to work.  Before that I had switched the font default to Arial from "+heading" but it still was printing the random characters.  I just switched it to Calibri it seems to be working.  Thanks for the info.
0
NYSDHCRCommented:
We had this same issue at our agency. The fix for us was to change the driver on the print server from PCL 5 to PCL 6.
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Printers and Scanners

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.