I have an application that works perfectly on hundreds of PCs running XP or Vista. We installed on a client;s computer with Vista Business and Micrsoft Office 2007 installed. Now, when my app gets to a point in the code where it creates a recordset (using DAO) it crashes, First I get error #510, then click OK, then get error #1004.
The line of code is something like:
sql = "select * from table1 where id = 6"
set rs = db.openrecordset(sql,dbopendynaset)
The strange thing is, it seems that the where clause is what it doesn't like. Without the where clause I don;t get an error. For example, if I write:
I don't get an error.
I've tried changing the DAO360.DLL file to different versions, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.