I have installed MySQL server and it is runningI can access and operate properly through the command line interface (XP) and MySQL GUI Tools. I am testing the waters with phpMyAdmin. I believe I have followed the configuration instructions correctly, but I'm getting a peculiar error.
Here are the steps I took:
1) Unzipped the phpMyAdmin package to ~apache2.2\htdocs\phpmyadmin
2) created the folder ~phpmyadmin\config
3) copied the file config.sample.inc.php to ~\config and renamed to config.inc.php
4) accessed ~phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php
5) Clicked Servers->"ADD"
6) Changed the authentication type to "cookie"
7) Entered "root" for "User for config auth"
8) Entered my password for "Password for config auth"
9) Clicked "ADD"
When I did this, phpMyAdmin displays this message at the top of the page:
"You didn't set phpMyAdmin database, so you can not use all phpMyAdmin features."
What does this mean and how can I solve this problem?
I cleaned up the config.inc.php file a bit. Here is the file in its entirety:
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'Blah';
$cfg['Servers']['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers']['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers']['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers']['compress'] = false;
$cfg['Servers']['extension'] = 'mysql';
$cfg['UploadDir'] = '';
$cfg['SaveDir'] = '';