I am having trouble setting up the mdaemon email server (trial version) to receiving emails. I can send them out but not receive them. I have mdaemon mail server running on a computer that is behind a firewalled router on a DSL line. The office has a workgroup network structure not a domain. Here is some other information:
* We have a static IP address assigned from the telephone company.
* Our website is hosted by a hosting service.
* On the "Default Domain & Servers" window in MDaemon I have the following information
- domain name - myserver.mail
- FQDN - mail.myserver.org
- Domain IP - 123.456.10.789 (which is the ip address of the computer that is running mdaemon)
* I have requested that an "A" record be set up to point the FQDN "mail.myserver.org" to the IP address of the computer running mdaemon which is "987.654.10.321" behind the firewalled router.
Can someone help?