Created a Win 2003 SP2 DC & now cant link 2nd DC as it states it cant find it in DNS
Posted on 2008-11-07
After installing Win 2003 SP2 Standard Edn on 2 PCs.
- Ive created x 1 pc as a Domain Controller
- Installed 2 NIC cards
- Nic 1 - Static IP: 192.168.0.10 - SM: 255.255.255.0 - DG: 192.168.0.1 - Internal Network
- Nic 2 - IP & DNS are both set to Auto - For ISP connection
- Ive installed the 2nd DC exactly the same
- Installed 1 NIC
- Static IP: 192.168.0.11 - SM:255.255.255.0 DG: 192.168.0.1
- When trying to link 2nd DC to a Domain it wants be to log in with an AD account, which at the moment is just the Administrators account created so far. So Ive input the Administrators details for the Domain Im trying to logon to, but it then states states that DNS details cant be found
- I CAN PING ALL IP ADDRESSES ON BOTH
BY THE WAY I HAVENT A ROUTER HENCE TRYING TO DO IT THIS WAY AS I HAVE A NORMAL MODEM FOR VIRGIN AT HOME AND JUST TRYING TO SIMULATE Windows 2003 and tasks involved.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, I HAVE TRIED OTHER WAYS BUT STILL SAME ANSWER