we´re facing a strange problem. On some Windows XP machines, clean install with SP2 or SP3, Office 2003 SP3 or Office 2007 (without any SP installed) the user temp folder is running full of files. After a few hours or days the temp folder is full and every App that uses files based on the oledocument-format refuses to work. After deleting the temp files everything goes well.
I could "fix" the problem by scheduling deletes of the users temp folder, but that doesn´t seem to be a solution.
Windows XP SP2 or SP3
Adobe Reader 7 or 8
Office 2003 SP3 or Office 2007, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (only 2003)
Avira Antivirus, Version 8
I tried to work normally with the computers, and there seemed to be no problem. What gives me the creeps: Most of the systems were working correctly for month.
Scanning for viruses, trojans or malware didn´t brought any news. We tried Trend Micro PC Cilling, Avira Antivirus, Symantec Products, HijackThis, AdAware, ... and so on.
Hope that anyone has an idea, because this problem seems to spread, why I first thought, it would be a virus.