I am facing a printer installation issue . OS windows xp with service pack 3 and printer HP all inone 3030 Laserjet. The problem is i can able to install it but when try to print something it automatically goes on que ie; nothing can be print or scan or no response from the printer side. The same printer i installed with windows vista as well as xp machine ( different machines ) it was successful. The problem persit only in one machine. It is a local printer connected by usb . I tried the following already.
1. Installed printer through cd
2. Through add printer wizard
3.Downloaded the latest driver( pcl5e ) from net
4. Restarted the spooler service
5. Disable the bidirectional port
6. Repaired the xp machine through recovery console using chkdsk /r
7. Mannualy added a usb port
8. deletd all hp details from registry
9. Checked in the event viewer no errors except DCOM 1066
10 . Uninstalled the antivirus ( sophos) n checked .
I installed and printed two three times but after that it goes to printer que and no response from the printer . If you click the scanner icon message comes the it is not properly installed. I the System Admn and having all user rights.
Please advice. as early as possible ... solution will be appriciated