How to set Router's System Time using NTP
Posted on 2008-11-09
I am trying to set my RV082 to "Set The Local Time Using NTP Automatically". So, I go to it's admin page, then select Setup | Time, and then I:
- Select Radio Button "Set The Local Time Using NTP Automatically"
- Select the appropriate time zone
- Enter an NTP server: time.nist.gov
- Click on "Save Settings" and wait for browser to indicate setting are saved.
- Power Router down and back up and wait a while.
When I got to "View System Log", the date/time is still in July, 2006.
- When does the router do its Sync with the Time Server?
- Is there a way to tel the router to "Go Sync with the Time Server NOW"?
- What is the syntax for the "NTP Server" textbox? I just put "time.nist.gov". Do I need to add the protocol prefix? If so, what is it? "NTP://"?