Having trouble with my first Boost Testing efforts
Posted on 2008-11-09
I'm having my first attempt at using the Boost Test API for generating unit tests for my C++ application.
I am running on Linux and developing with Eclipse.
I've put together a test file which unit tests a single code unit in my project and all works fine, my tests are run successfully. This test file defines a module, a sinngle test suite and a number of test cases.
Now I have come to wanting to test a second source unit in my project so I would like to introduce a second test file and this is where I'm having trouble. In the second test file I have tried to define a second test module, a second test suite and a number of test cases.
When I build this code there are errors put out to my console indicating that I have "multiple defenitions of 'init_unit_test()' " and "multiple defenitions of 'main' " defined from the Boost Library.
I have found a work around to keep me going by putting the test cases from the second test file into the first test file as a new test suite but would really love to maintain the individual file approach per source unit being tested.
I look forward to reading and trying out your suggestions.