DBCC TRACEON (3605,1204,-1)


I am having deadlock issues and have been reading articals on ee as to how to trace my deadlocks.

I have seen the command DBCC TRACEON (3605,1204,-1), can anyone tell me what I do with this? I assume I paste into query analyser but how do I or indeed is there an output to reveiw?

Also do I need to switch it off again? in short and as only one question can someone tell me how to use this command?

Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

I have used the information from the following link to trace deadlocks.


Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
EugeneZ ZhitomirskySQL SERVER EXPERTCommented:
also you can  check

SQL Server technical bulletin  -  How to resolve a deadlock


to disable you can use
ac_davis2002Author Commented:
thanks chaps
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft SQL Server

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.