I'm getting this error after publishing to the server. It occurs when I test the install.
The dll in question in the manifest file on the target differs from the version I show in my references.
EXAMPLE: 1.0.3236.22091 (is source) vs. 1.0.2824.22979 in the generated manifest file on the server. The dll in question was generated from VS2003.
This seems to be isolated to my setup. If I have another developer (who was the original author of the deployed application) pull my copy from source safe, the problem goes away (for him) but I still eperience the error.
This is a Visual Basic windows application (.Net 2.0 framework)
Any Ideas as to where I might start looking?
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.1433
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
Deployment url : file://oma-qa-iis02/c$/WebSites/INSIDEMC.COM/NoTouch/FileDistributionSetupUtility/FileDistributionSetupUtility.application
Application url : file://oma-qa-iis02/c$/WebSites/INSIDEMC.COM/NoTouch/FileDistributionSetupUtility/FileDistributionSetupUtility_1_0_0_119/FileDistributionSetupUtility.exe.manifest
Deployment Identity : FileDistributionSetupUtility.application, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f7187e0aaf890b56, processorArchitecture=msil
Application Identity : FileDistributionSetupUtility.exe, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f7187e0aaf890b56, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32
* Online only application.
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of file://oma-qa-iis02/c$/WebSites/INSIDEMC.COM/NoTouch/FileDistributionSetupUtility/FileDistributionSetupUtility.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly EDM_DAL.dll.
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [11/11/2008 12:07:02 PM] : Activation of file://oma-qa-iis02/c$/WebSites/INSIDEMC.COM/NoTouch/FileDistributionSetupUtility/FileDistributionSetupUtility.application has started.
* [11/11/2008 12:07:03 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [11/11/2008 12:07:03 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [11/11/2008 12:07:03 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [11/11/2008 12:07:05 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [11/11/2008 12:07:11 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (RefDefValidation)
- Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly EDM_DAL.dll.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.