I have the following environment:
W2K3 standard environment, 2 DC/DNS servers.
DC1 - FSMO, GC, DNS "Name1" and DC2 - GC,DNS with "Name2".
I'm going to replace the DC2 server with new hardware.
My new server has the same version OS and named "new_Name2"
I want to keep the same hostname on my new server.
So this is what i want to do:
1. dcpromo on old Name2 to demote the DC
2. Remove DNS on old Name2
3. Delete from domain
4. Shutdown the old Name2 DC
5. Wait about 2 hours before continue
6. Rename the "new_Name2" machine to "Name2"
7. add the old ip address to the new machine
8. Install DNS
9. dcpromo to promote the new machine to a DC
10. Make the new DC GC.
Is this the way i should do this or would you advice on the steps I should do different?