• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 183
  • Last Modified:

Were do i apply Cals?

hi all

i have been running a trial version of exchange 2007 this past couple of months and i now need to purchase the software and cals

i can see were to license the software but i cant see were i apply cals!?

can anyone advise?

also can anyone from the U.K advise on the general price for exchange as some quotes i have from vendors seen on the high side!!
  • 3
1 Solution
CALS are done on a trust model for the full fat products (I can't remember if SBS still uses disk or key based CALS).
Basically, keep the paperwork safe in case MS come to audit you and that's all.
meteorelecAuthor Commented:
with regards to standard edition and enterprise edition of exchange 2007, i know about the differences in amount of storage groups and databases, but am i losing any other functionality if i go std ed considering i have less than 100 users!?
The enterprise server licences give you things like CCR and the larger storage groups. The enterprise CALS are what give you stuff like UM.
There is a pretty good breakdown at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/editions.mspx
Note that for enterprise cal features you will need a standard cal AND an enterprise cal
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

Join & Write a Comment

Featured Post

Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

  • 3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now