Simplified Chinese Characters displaying improperly in CFMAIL and CFILE "write" tags
Posted on 2008-11-12
I'm using CF MX7 to run a multi-lingual web site and we're having trouble when trying to mail or write data with simplified chinese characters. We've set all encodings and content types to UTF-8 and can display the text properly in browsers. If we get form submissions with simplified chinese we can process them and store them properly in a database.
However, as soon as we try to email (via cfmail) or write a file (via cffile) with the simplified chinese text loses it's UTF-8 coding and comes out as a mix of characters, even when the exact same character data displays properly in browsers. We've tried specifying charset=utf-8 in the cfmail and cffile tags and that doesn't seem to solve it.