I have an HP2575 installed on a desktop and shared across the network. The computer the printer is connected to prints fine, however the remote computer cannot print. When attempting to print a test page an immediate error message is displayed (not one of those yellow pop up windows from the task bar, but rather in a message generated by the printer properties window) that says "test page failed to print. would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance. Operation could not be completed"
What I have tried so far:
1. Attached the printer locally to this computer....same error
2. removed and re-installed the driver...same error
3. tried generic drivers....same error
4. when it was connected locally I deleted the usbprint.sys filed as well as all the usb ports and restarted the computer and reconnected the printer...same error
5. did a sfc /scannow...same error
6. Tried printing from notepad...got an "invalid handle" error
7. Tried printing from wordpad...nothing happens at all.
8. Tried printing directly to the printer...same error
9. Tried other print processors...same error
10. Posted a question on experts-exchange....This WILL help! :)
A few things I noticed:
1. When sending a print job it never makes it to the print queue...the error comes up before it gets that far.
2. When the computer sharing the printer prints it shows up in the queue on this computer
Would really appreciated help getting this fixed....