Remote user's NSLOOKUP resolves wrong IP address.
Posted on 2008-11-13
1. Remote user (XP service pack 3) was able to connect in with Sonicwall vpn client late last night.
2. Today he is unable to connect (other remotes are connected). NSLOOKUP shows incorrect ip address for our host.
3. I changed the VPN host target to the host ip with same result.
3. User cannot access logmein123.com - goes to a google search page.
4. Provider Verizon claims, anecdotally, that they are receiving calls this morning from users having problems accessing secure sites (my user can access other secure sites). They are blaming it on last night's Microsoft patch.
5. Only change to user's system is the patches.
1. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
2. Does a bad NSLOOKUP imply DNS poisoning, and if so, where should I look?
Any advice is appreciated.