Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro stops responding as soon as anything in the PDF window is selected.
There was a patch to upgrade to version 8.1 which said it included support for Vista so i downloaded the patch and installed it. Updated it to most recent version of 8, experienced same problem. When tried to uninstall it, the uninstall hung and i had to do a manual uninstall.
Researched a solution on some message boards and did the following steps:
1. Follow all the steps to download SubInAcl - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E8BA3E56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en
2. Open up Notepad (in accessories in the start menu)
3. Copy/Paste this code into Notepad, and replace the parts that say "YOURUSERNAME" with your actual user name:
cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=YOURUSERNAME=f /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=YOURUSERNAME=f /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /setowner=administrators
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /setowner=administrators
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators
4. Click File>Save As and save the document as registryfix.bat. Save the file to the folder that contains the SubInAcl program that you just installed.
5. Open that folder and click on the file, and the file will run. Let the file run completely until the window shuts itself. DO NOT end the process early.
This resolved the issue temporarily, but shortly after it started happening again and hasn't stopped since. This looks to be a Vista problem. Adobe Reader 9 is installed on the pc, and that works fine. Computer is a brand new HP notebook running Vista (32bit OS) Home Premium Edition with SP1. I would just like to get Adobe ACrobat 8 Pro installed and working. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance