As far as i know, to make network applications under windows you need to use Winsock API. What if i want to do network programming with Win32 API, what should i do?
1. Do i have to use Winsock API inside my Win32 API?
2. Doesn't Win32 API has its own ways to handle sockets?
3. I used some Winsock API when i programmed in consoles. However, Winsock API
can create network application within Command Interface. I did not see any facility that makes
Winsock API can be programmed or handled through GUI! So is Win32 API has another set of libraries for sockets that handle sockets & take the role of Winsock API?
4. If yes, then Winsock API is only good for non GUI application! Thats how i understand it, can you clarify please if i'm wrong
5. Winsock API comes beneath Win32 API, so Win32 is basic API for windows. Right?
6. What other API's resides Windows other than Winsock? (Ignore DOS API)
7. Win32 API is written in C. Other windows API's (Winsock) are written in what language?
8. Is Winsock API written with Win32 API? As far as i know, Win32 API is the mother of any API resides in Windows OS. Any API in Win OS needs to be written with Win32 API! Right?
I hope my questions are clear. Please answer it in an easy fashion, if you don't mind!
I'm trying to understand what Win32 API before i start learning it. Thus, alot of why's pop up in my mind....
Thanks in Advance