Product Assistance prior to purchase (cables, video)

1)  Need to connect a slave SATA HD to my existing system.  I do not see another open connection on the motherboard (DVD Drive is plugged into the other onboard SATA connection?  Is there a single SATA cable with master and slave connections?  If so, what is this specific cable called?  

2)  I am looking to output video from my Asus eeePc to my TV.  The Asus laptop has a 15 pin D-sub monitor port.  The TV has component video and S-vid input.  I would prefer the S-video input.  Is there a device or cable that would allow me to output video from the Asus to TV?

Thanks in advance for any responses.  
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

1) SATA, unlike ATA, has no master or slave designation for its drives, so if you are out of SATA ports on your motherboard, you will need to get a PCI (or PCIe, or PCI-X, depending on your motherboard) SATA controller for any additional SATA devices that you want to install into your computer.

2) The video encoding for a VGA signal is vastly different from the signal for an S-Video signal.  You will need something like the adapter at the following links to use your TV as a monitor for your EEE PC.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
hiloguyAuthor Commented:
Thanks for the assistance.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.