Making a table top reflection out of text in Photoshop CS3

Posted on 2008-11-18
Last Modified: 2012-05-05
The attached file shows the word War with an inverted duplicate which I would like to turn into a table top reflection. The word (which of course can be converted to a shape if necessary) has bevel and emboss, and a gradient overlay. How do I :   1) make it fade out appropriately while maintaining the look created by the effects, and 2) give it a trapezoidal type perspective, so that it's wider at the bottom than the top?


Question by:gabrielPennyback
    LVL 1

    Accepted Solution

    put your inverted text in a new layer MAKE IT FADE , there are some diffrenet ways:
    ONE: 1. place your inverted text's layer under your basic text
    ..... 2. creat a new layer between these two
    .....3. use rectangular marquee tool (press M) to select a rectangle around your inverted text
    .....4. use paint bucket (press G)  Hold down Alt key to select your desk color (wich is black in your attached image)
    ....5. release Alt and fill the rectangular area with that color
    ....6.use Erase (press E)  pick an airbrush ,set the width to almost half of your rectangle , set the opacity to 30%
    .....7.Click on the up and right side of your rectangle (outside it )once Hold shift and click on the up left side.
    LVL 1

    Assisted Solution

    here are two screenshots for the fade effect
    for the perspective effect:
    If you are doing this after the fade effect first u should merge the colored layer and inevrted taxt layer
    to do this :
     1. hide all other layers so that only INVERTED TEXT layer and Rectangle colored layer are visible the tiny triangle up and right corner of layer window and select merge visible
    OK now u can unhide all other layers
    to get the perspective effect select your merged layer of inverted text layer
    ----> from the menu choose EDIT---> transform--->perspective
    click the right down active point and drag it to right and lef to get your desired shape

    LVL 1

    Author Closing Comment

    Thanks, padeshahoo, I really appreciate it!

    - John

    Write Comment

    Please enter a first name

    Please enter a last name

    We will never share this with anyone.

    Featured Post

    Training Course: Adobe Photoshop CC 2015

    Photoshop has become the standard in image manipulation among professional photographers and graphic designers. This course covers exam objectives for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification.

    In this article, I'll explain how to change the color of a selection in Photoshop. I'm sure there are a couple different ways to do this in photoshop, but this is my preferred method in Photoshop. I am using Photoshop CS6 and I will be adjusting the…
    Read about why website design really matters in today's demanding market.
    This video demonstrates how to use each tool, their shortcuts, where and when to use them, and how to use the keyboard to improve workflow.
    Users will learn how resize a batch of photos from a single command in Photoshop via Photoshop's Image Processor. Open up an Image you'd like to resize in Adobe Photoshop: Adjust the image size according to your preferences. Image > Adjustments > …

    737 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

    Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

    Join & Ask a Question

    Need Help in Real-Time?

    Connect with top rated Experts

    21 Experts available now in Live!

    Get 1:1 Help Now