I have 2 exchange 2003 servers, installed on windows 2003. two different sites. Site 1, is my incoming mail server for external mail but also hosts user mailboxes.
I started recieving ndr's when sending mail (from external) to certain users (three to be exact) saying: "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Internal mail works fine, plus the 3 users that are not recieving mail can send external mail. I checked the message tracking and the NDR gets generated right after catogorizing "message categorized and queued for routing" "NDR Generated"
I also created two new users, one on each server, both of them also generate NDR's. For one of the said users I removed the exchange attributes and reconnected the mailbox after I ran the cleanup agent. I'm at a loss as to where the problem lies.