Outlook Mobile Access Error 1305 - A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.

We're running Exchange Server 2003 Standard on-site with Outlook Mobile Access. A couple of weeks ago one of our users had an issue with his phone and ActiveSync would kick an error when he tried to sync. Another IT guy here followed some guide to delete and re-create the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync folder, and sine then we have NO OMA service for anyone. I've followed every MS KB article I can find, and several posts on Experts Exchange and other help sites to no avail. NOTHING seems to be working. I'm afraid my next step is re-install Exchange but as you can imagine I'd really like to avoid that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or need for clarity please let me know!
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Do you use Outlook Web Access (OWA)? If so, is it functioning properly?

Are there any items in the event viewer on the Exchange server that correspond to when you try to sync?
rlmadminAuthor Commented:
Yes, Outlook Web Access is working great. It is running with SSL enabled, with HTTP Authentication.

Here's an event log entry:
Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      MSExchangeOMA
Event Category:      (1000)
Event ID:      1503
Date:            11/19/2008
Time:            2:32:26 PM
User:            N/A
Computer:      MAIL1
An unknown error occurred while processing the current request:
Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider
Stack trace:
   at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.OmaWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices.GetSpecialFolders()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices..ctor(UserInfo user)

Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source: mscorlib
Stack trace:
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Message: Exception of type Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderException was thrown.
UserMessage: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.
Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface
Stack trace:
   at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.RaiseOnStart(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState()
   at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
   at System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Here are several possible solutions to that event id error. Is 1503 the only event id, or are there others?


Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
rlmadminAuthor Commented:
I tried most of the things on the list, but it appears the solution for me was to take out the host header on the Default Web Site in IIS. I'm not sure why, as we've always had a host header and it's worked great until we changed our IP scheme... Go figure. Thanks so much!
rlmadminAuthor Commented:
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Windows OS

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.