Migrate Exchange 2003 from existing server to new hardware (ServerA -> ServerB)
1. Exchange 2003 was installed on ServerB successfully
2. Ran ServerA & ServerB concurrently splitting mailboxes over both servers
3. Migrated public folders to ServerB which all worked
4. Installed 3rd party application which deleted the 'Default Site' on port 80 along with all VD's
5. Followed http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996098(EXCHG.65).aspx
but have hit a brick wall on c1030af2
6. Able to replicate all non server data by Admin Group - Servers - Folders - Public Folders then select each and replicate data back to ServerA
1. Right clicking on ServerB - Storage Group - Public Folders - OAB Version 4 pops up error 'An internal server error have occured on the server. The requested operation failed. ID no: c1030af2 which means I am unable to replicate this to ServerA.
1. I would like to rebuild ServerB and reinstall exchange, all that is left to move are the public folders that only show up in ServerB - Storage Group - Public Folders eg. OAB Version 4 (I assume as mentioned above these are system ones). Do we need the OAB Public folders or can I just reinstall exchange on ServerB and then migrate everything back again without installing the silly app that deleted the Default Site.
2. If I just reinstall exchange over the existing copy does it leave data in place as apposed to going for question 1.