I'm once again getting this error:
It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. C:\Documents and Settings\Curt\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Gift Tracker\App_Code\Backup\2\Web.config 38
Here are the steps I've taken so far:
1) Make sure there was no backup directory of the project that could cause a conflict between duplicate web.config files.
3) Deleted and re-created virtual directory.
4) Made sure virtual directory is configured as an application.
5) Went into "directory security" in IIS and checked "Integrated Windows Authentication".
6) Deleted the line in the web.config file regarding Windows authentication. This worked in another application.
This repeated error is seriously slowing me down. I'd really like to talk to Bill Gates...