I have coded my website in PHP with MySql for IE7, and am now testing it in Firefox 3.0.5.
One of my forms appears to be operating differently in Firefox, so I've echoed out all the variables involved to bug check. All of the variables are what I expect when I see them echoed on screen, but the resulting MySql statement executed at the same time [using the same variables] actually seems to be using different values in a couple cases.
At first I thought maybe Firefox was trying to execute the query twice, altering the values as it did, but I've been able to find no evidence of this.
I opened up the Page Source via Firefox, and low and behold, the values echoed in the debug statements were the same ones that my MySql statements were using, and were not the ones actually being displayed on the screen.
I've been wracking my brain over this one... I've not encountered a situation like this where the browser had anything to do with values being processed by the server. But I've tested the code between IE and Firefox extensively, and I can't figure out why I am getting the unexpected results from Firefox. Perhaps the incongruity between page source code and on screen content is a clue...
If I can provide any additional info, please ask! Thanks!