I dont know if the this is the right forum to this.
Basically I am stuck on where to begin so I'll provide background. I have a winforms client/server wcf application from which I am trying to replicate functionality for downloading a document.
The basic flow is as follows;
1) Client Passes an ID to the WCF Service
2) Server using SQL finds the document in a doc store based on the ID
3) Server returns the path to the Client
4) Client requests a file download passing through the server file location
5) File is Broken down and returned to client using streaming
6) File is built locally and opened.
I have written the code in a code behind page forgetting that actually runs on the server and not locally.
Whats the best way to run from 4) onwards locally? I have no problems creating any dll, COM or exe, but what is the best way without user input. I would like this to be automated e.g. on a page_load.