troubleshooting Question

What is it called when sites have graphical pop-ups that make the site behind them transparent?

Avatar of CynderWolve
CynderWolve asked on
Web DevelopmentInternet MarketingScripting Languages
6 Comments1 Solution248 ViewsLast Modified:
You know how some sites have ... well, they're not pop-ups exactly ... but when the site loads, it pulls a graphic up with an annoucement or advertisement, and the rest of the site is faded out?  My boss wants me to check into how to do this, and I don't even know what they're commonly called, so it's a bit hard to research. :)

Mostly I'm just asking for what it's called so I can google it.  If, however, someone gives more information on where to find out how to do it - I'll up the points.
Join the community to see this answer!
Join our exclusive community to see this answer & millions of others.
Unlock 1 Answer and 6 Comments.
Join the Community
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 1 Answer and 6 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros