I have been experiencing an annoying action now for a while and cannot find a resolution.
When editing an microsoft project 2007 existing task name field the arrows move to another cell instead of between the letters of the task name. Ex. Task Name is "Policy/Procadure development". When I click on the field, press F2 to edit the field and then attempt to arrow over to 'procadure' to fix the spelling mistake it instead goes to cell to the left (the "I" cell in project). I have to use my mouse to clickon the 'd' of procadure and then press backspace and enter the correct letter.
Some additional info/background:
* Scroll lock key is NOT on.
* when I initially start up project (start of the day) it doesn't do that. At some point it changes. I attempted to track which keys I hit incase I turned something off accidentally but have never found anything obvious.
* The usual way I work is to either 1) use my arrows to move to the appropriate cell, press F2 and then do inline editing or b) click twice (not a double click) on the cell with my mouse and then use arrows to edit inline. As noted, this works the first while of my day then goes away and I have to use my mouse to get to the correct letter.
* I have verified that I am in edit mode - it says "edit" in the bottom and the red X and blue checkmark is besides the field near the top.
* besides the arrows, the home and end keys also do work as expected when in-line editing, they go to first and last column respectively as opposed to beginning/end of cell.
* I can use the arrows no problem if I click on the edit field at the top (the one with the red X and blue checkmark) but I prefer to do inline editing.
* this is not a show stopper, just annoying and bothersome as I pride myself on finding answers to problems like this <g>
I think this about sums it up. Thank You for any assistance.
Edited: I just noticed that this effect is not necessarily the same across all projects when working on multiple ones. I just opened up a project file that was not opened for a couple of days alongside the one giving me problems and this one does not have the issue - inline editing works as expected. Weird.