Why Experts Exchange?

Experts Exchange always has the answer, or at the least points me in the correct direction! It is like having another employee that is extremely experienced.

Jim Murphy
Programmer at Smart IT Solutions

When asked, what has been your best career decision?

Deciding to stick with EE.

Mohamed Asif
Technical Department Head

Being involved with EE helped me to grow personally and professionally.

Carl Webster
CTP, Sr Infrastructure Consultant
Ask ANY Question

Connect with Certified Experts to gain insight and support on specific technology challenges including:

Professional Opinions
Ask a Question
Did You Know?

We've partnered with two important charities to provide clean water and computer science education to those who need it most. READ MORE

troubleshooting Question

Redirecting IP requests

Avatar of HADDADD3
HADDADD3 asked on
Networking ProtocolsIP Telephony
3 Comments1 Solution498 ViewsLast Modified:
Is it possible to redirect requests from one IP to another, would this be done at the switch or router level.

We had a TFTP server that our IP phones boot to located at x.x.4.216

The address of that server is now x.x.1.51

I would prefer not to manually reconfigure each phone to use the new address, and the 4.216 address is no longer in use, so is it possible to forward all requests that IP to our new TFTP server IP address?
Avatar of Neranel
NeranelFlag of United States of America image

Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience.

This problem has been solved!
Unlock 1 Answer and 3 Comments.
See Answers