I am running a web server that suddenly I cannot reach from certain locations but is fine from others. The server at max.auctionomics.com does not respond to browsers from my home office, but works from the office of my colleague. It does respond to pings from everywhere I have tried.
I works fine from my hosted server at Amazon web services.
Most intriguingly, I set up monitoring http://mon.itor.us/
. Their monitor located in Austria shows the site as up, but the ones in Germany and the US show it as down.
I am not aware of any firewall or VPN settings that have been changed lately. The server is Sin 2008/IIS7.