UPS failed after surge, causing power failure and reboot of domain controller.
- After reboot, none of the clients can access the DC.
- During reboot, the following error is reported: The system has detected an IP address conflict with another system on the network. The local interface has been disabled.
- The App event log has only 2 errors, both: USERENV / 1000
- windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for gpo
- windpws cannot query for the list of gp objects
- DHCP is handled by a Firewall. The DC is one of 4 computers with static IPs, the remainder are dynamic
- Although the DC local adapter has been disabled, I can ping the IP address assigned for that box
- The server and firewall have been restarted
- Most computers have access to internet, but the DC does not.
I need to restore network to normal operation ASAP. THanks