I'm in the process of deploying CRM 4.0 for one of our companies as their management system.
I wanted to take advantage of the Internet Facing Deployment tool to allow them to access the systems over the internet (unlike 3.0 which required vpn)
I was running through the configuration microsoft offered which is kind of sketchy to me and leaves out a few things I'm not too familiar with. Looking for someone whose deployed this to see if i'm in the same ballpark.
Basically I have a simple HP proliant ML 150 G3, 2003 SBS w/ crm 4.0 and sql 2005 on the same box. Small company.
- the crm url inside works fine. http://meifs
- crm server inside IP is 192.168.0.9/24 (internal lan 192.168.0.0/24)
- I already opened up my firewall (cisco asa)to permit 80 traffic to 192.168.0.9-255.255.255.25
- configured new host ptr record on dns server name="thecompanyname"....I
0.9, FQDN= "thecompanyname"."domain".
- I run the CRM IFD tool set Auth strategy to = IFD=On Premise
- I add IFD add/sub= 192.168.0.9 255.255.255.255 and/or 192.168.0.9/24
- IFD and AD domain scheme both set = http
- IFD App and SDK Root Domain = "domain".local
- AD App and SDK Root Domain = "meifs"
- Hit File and apply changes.
....now obviously there is more on the outside that isn't mentioned in the MS config directions.
Do I need to get the domain name registered pubic with a static IP?
If yes, How does that work with your IFD DNS host you created?
Would mine be..www."companyname"."dom
ain".com w/a pubic IP?
....and how would that know to point to my CRM server from the internet?
basically i'm a little confused with the web set up side, DNS and how they come together to complete the deployment.
I'm sure it's simple, but I'm only one brain here working alone. Need some outside thoughts of expertise.